Saturday, August 23, 2008

Welcome to a new hunter, Lindsey Kay Craven!


One thing I always enjoy seeing across the desk here at Cordray's is fathers introducing their kids to a pastime they enjoy. We have lots of fathers and sons, but we also have lots of dads and daughters. This past week one guy was just a little late in getting to us. And as many of you have seen, Michael is quick to ask, "Where have you been?" Just so you know, the correct answer to this question is NOT, I had to shower and shave, take my wife to dinner, and then moseyed on over to drop of this deer at 9:55! The guy this week had a surprising answer. "Well," he said, "I brought my new baby home from the hospital today and then asked the wife if she minded if I went out to hunt in the woods behind our house." You see, this isn't his first rodeo, either! He continued, "When she agreed, I went on and shot this nice buck. And since it was on my daughter's birthday, I wanted to get a few pictures of her in the camo outfit she came home from the hospital in with this buck." He went on to talk about how much he looks forward to taking his 2 little girls into the woods with him. Now I don't know how this will all turn out, but from my vantage point here, I see a lot of guys who just love introducing their daughters to hunting, spending time with them and having some common ground, away from the world outside. And through the years, I've seen a few fathers and daughters bring in young men to introduce them to the sport and build new hunting families. So welcome to our newest Big, Bad and Unusual hunter, Lindsey Craven, and congratulations to her dad, Bo Craven.
Claudia

No comments: