Friday, August 17, 2012

We've got EGGS!



Many of you enjoyed our free range, farm fresh eggs last year, but I often didn't have enough for everyone who wanted them. This spring and summer we've been working on fixing that problem. The project started with my birthday present. Michael designed an awesome rolling chicken coop.
Next we added lots more chickens. Some came the old fashioned way. (An aside story: It was raining late one evening and the rain shut off my brooder light. I was out in the dark and rain about 11 pm trying to get it going again and fell, badly spraining my ankle. After a trip to the ER and about 3 months of physical therapy, Michael calls those my $1000 hens. :)) Some chickens we ordered from catalogs to get a good variety of brown egg laying chickens.
Throughout, I've had lots of help!
 So if you get a chance to come by, check out the free range chicken condo in the front field and plan on picking up some of those delicious eggs!

No comments: