Friday, September 3, 2010

Have you seen a wild panther?

We get stories all the time that people have seen and heard panthers, usually black ones, in the Lowcountry woods. We even have our own sightings. I've heard of calves in treetops and deer dragged for distances and covered in brush. However, in 18 deer seasons no one has ever provided  a photo. With so many people using game cameras for scouting, you'd think someone somewhere would have a picture if they really do exist. We've seen plenty of bears, armadillos, poachers, and big dogs. Why no cats? But come to think of it, I haven't seen coyotes on game cameras either and I know they're in this area.
If you have an interesting game camera photo, send it in and I'll share it with our readers. And if you have a picture of those really BIG cats, I'd really like to see it.I won't share any information on where the picture was taken, but please limit them to Lowcountry SC.

No comments: